Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter. And by the way, why are bunnies and eggs attached to it?

Happy Easter!

       Well, today was a good day. There was a lot of chores doing, house cleaning, food cooking, food eating and movie upon movie watching, going on down here. It was a great day. Plus, my elder brother's friends came over to eat Easter lunch. My elder brother is huge and his meals are the same way. So, imagine feeding seven extra human persons of that size and appetite. Yea, it was that major. Plus, anyone else ever notice how noisy boys get when they're together and there's food? It was like a party over here today. Good thing we were pre-informed, so we were ready for them.

Side Note: These guys got us a really huge carton of fruit juice, though! Whoop!! Whoop!! 😋🙌

         So, Easter it is. Easter today is. Reminding us, sorry, reminding Christians, of who we are, what we have, what that cost and just what Love truly is. You know, on another note now, there was a time I was completely certain that political correctness was bullshit. If you didn't like or support what I believe in or stand for, well that's too bad, because I'm really sorry for you. And don't come at me with your beliefs or faith, either. Nah, don't you dare. You can shove it down your throat, stick it up your a** or just do whatever it is that works for you, with it. Just don't bring it at me. Well, right now, I'm not so sure about that. (And for the record, I'm Christian. Always has been, still is and hopefully, always will be.)
      That doesn't mean that I'm less of a christian than I was when I believed in Political Correctness, though. No. It just means that right now, I'm not sure. (And I'm worried because I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.) Life has taught me not to be so sure. To never be too sure. Right now I know that nothing in life has sharp edges, not even this world we live in (It's a circle. Or no, a sphere. Or is it a geoid? Well, you get my drift). And so is life and the things we find in it. There are round edges, smoothened edges, roughened edges, curved edges, broken edges, not-so-straight edges. But never, never a sharp edge. No. Growing up has taught me that.
        Life is like music. I really don't know how to explain that to you, but that is an analogy that just popped into my head as I was writing this. And within me, I know what I mean. I may not always feel or think this way, though. Ten, five, or maybe even two years from now, I may read this, scoff and think, "What rubbish was I writing here?"  But right here and right now, that's what I think. That's how I feel.
         And I know our faith, the Christian faith specifically, should be that one unshakable, steady, immovable place and thing we have in this life. Well, it really is. I know it is. Or rather, I believe it is. I only feel that maybe, we humans have somewhere and somehow along the line, started to define this Thing and many other Things within it on our own terms. And maybe we don't even know we're doing this. So perhaps, sometimes we have to stop and think. And pray. And meditate. And listen to God, while we try as much as it's possible, to block out every other noise or knowledge we may have gathered prior to this time. And seek His Truth. The Truth. And not our 'truth'.
        Now, I don't know this for a fact. I am no theologian. I am anything that is the opposite of a professional. But I do know that I am God's child. His favourite child. And if I were to start to tell you some of the things we explore and learn and experience together, you may not entirely believe me.
        But today is Easter and I am not going to be doing that. In the morning hours of today, I wrote this brief but really tacky and gaudy essay about Easter, Love and Sacrifice.
(Now, I call it 'tacky' because I wrote it and I feel like it's too full of sticky, gushy emotions and stuff, and not because it actually is. And this is something I do a lot; Look down or belittle myself. Well, because self-doubt and insecurities and stuff, you know? 😏
Which is something I'm working on, by the way!)
   But well, I'm not going to put that up. At least, not today. On a good ol', random, love-bereft day, perhaps I will. Today, I just wanted to talk about my day, how it went, what I'm feeling. Just a really, simple, real-life kinda post. How was your day? Are you Christian? Did you celebrate the Easter? Why do you believe what you believe? Why do you think the Easter is worth celebrating?
        I wanted to go out today with a friend but he never called and my data subscription was finished so I couldn't check if he left me IMs online. And also, today, I realised yet again, that my baby sister is growing up. And I don't know how that makes me feel. Well, it makes me feel a ton of ways but I'll talk about that another day. Last night, she helped me braid my hair into cornrows;  four to be precise. It's cute and neat and comfy and I like it. Plus, each time I see my reflection, I feel like an Adamma in one of those really soppy, melodramatic Nollywood movies with village scenes.
       And yes, one of the movies I watched today with my family was The Wedding Party ( for like the tenth time now, I think 😏🙈). And yet again, I was reminded that I have a crush on Olubankole Wellington. Well, not a full-on, serious crush, though. That was before. Now, it's more like a pseudo, semi, made-of-plastic crush. But a crush it still is, right? Lol!
    Lots of love and light to you and yours!
Ciao!!! 😘😘


PS: I feel like I really suck at making up captions for these posts, you think?  😳
Well, it's something I'm working on.
Or rather, it's something I hope to work on.
But for now, you have to take what you see and don't judge me, okay?
Okay!

Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment